Day 8: What is your favorite food at Christmas time?
ohhhhh food!!! I love food at Christmas time. But I love my aunt Billie’s homemade “billie’s buns” and my mom’s lefse. those are the best of all the rest.
Chocolate Dream Bars are my favorite by far
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups KELLOGG’S* RICE KRISPIES* cereal
- In mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add vanilla and eggs, beating well after each addition.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt and chopped nuts. Stir into egg mixture until well combined. Spread mixture in bottom of greased 3.5 L (13 x 9 inch) pan.
- Bake at 180 degrees C (350 degrees F) 15-20 minutes. Sprinkle marshmallows evenly over layer in pan. Bake an additional 3 minutes. Let cool.
- In small saucepan, combine chocolate chips and peanut butter. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until melted. Stir in cereal and spread mixture evenly on top of cooled marshmallow layer. Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm. Cut into bars.