It’s coming, whether we are ready or not. 2012 is leaving us….2013 is joining us. So what about resolutions? I hate them. But I do like thinking about things I want to improve on during the year.
Merriam Webster defines Resolution as:
a : the act of analyzing a complex notion into simpler ones
b : the act of answering : solving
1. My daughter. I want to finally be able to know how to help her be using her full potential. Testing will be done early January. Going to find out what is really going on and what to do to help her. I want to be the best mom I can be for her.
2. Health. I want to continue to work on my weight loss journey. I need to get back to the weight loss doctor and get back on the food program. I need to be consistent and persistent and make it to my appointments.
3. Finances. I want to sort out my finances. Starting with developing a budget which includes monthly savings. I need to figure out how to catch up with all the bills I am behind on. I want to start the New Year with a plan.
4. University. I want this year to go by smoothly. I know that I need to continue with it and as difficult and frustrating as it is, I need to finish. I wish for the strength and determination to see it through. I need to also figure out the financial aid part because I don’t qualify for any aid what so ever. So I need to come up with alternatives to paying for the rest of my BA.
5. Courage. I wish for the courage to let go of all that I can’t change. I wish for the courage to forgive and forget. I wish for the courage to move on. I wish for the courage to put me first. I wish for courage to be extremely honest in my therapy so that I can heal my past and move on to the present with less anxiety and stress.
There you go…my five wishes for 2013. These will guide me as the year unfolds and life takes over.
What are your wishes for 2013?